Senior Research and Development Engineer
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The R&D team is responsible for evaluating improvements to our current lineup of 3D print systems, and developing and evaluating early-stage 3D printing technologies. As a member of the team you will play a role in developing next-gen 3D print systems that will have an impact on the industry for years to come
In this role you will:
- Design, build, and test new 3D printing systems and improvements
- Design and run experiments, analyze results to develop improvements
- Optimize current print systems and collaborate with other engineering teams to implement improvements
- Document and present research progress and recommendations for further development
- Work with the Product team to prioritize and execute on company research priorities
What we look for:
- 3+ years post graduate experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative solutions to challenging open ended technical problems
- Good communication skills and ability to work with with a multidisciplinary team
- Strong work ethic, accountability, and ability to take ownership
- Proficiency and drive for organization and documentation
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- A strong portfolio of past work and personal projects.
- Understanding and experience with thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Basic fabrication skills and machine shop experience
- CAD and mechanical design experience, Solidworks preferred
- Familiar with programming or scientific computing, Python and Labview preferred
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in engineering related field
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description