Senior Quality Engineer
Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $60M in venture capital and we’re doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to lead our reliability improvement initiatives. Working with the product and engineering teams, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of new products as well as supporting both R&D and ongoing production with test design, execution and analysis. This is an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product engineering and participate in the development of exciting products that change the way people think about how they get their water.
Our Quality Engineer will:
- Lead and execute reliability improvement through long-term internal testing, customer site testing, and manufacturing sample testing. Including the creation of protocols, oversight of execution, data acquisition and analysis.
- Support field issue investigation through the application of data collection tools, analysis, and trending of field failure rates.
- Design test hardware and data acquisition systems.
- Lead cross functional teams in electro-mechanical root cause analysis.
- Conduct predictive analyses based on database and test generated data.
- Develop tools and procedures for field service technicians to diagnose and repair defects.
- Maintain test equipment, infrastructure and databases.
- Provide Quality feedback and support to the supplier evaluation and selection process
We think you will bring:
- Experience with the implementation of a Design for Reliability (DfR) product development program.
- Understanding of DfX principles and knowledge based, lean product development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, capable of facilitating dynamic group initiatives, e.g. DFMEA, RGT. Comfortable presenting reliability analyses to team and non-technical leadership.
- Experience applying analytical, statistical, and test techniques to design problem solving.
- Highly experienced with Accelerated Life Testing (ALT), Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Experience with Allocation Modeling, Reliability Block Diagrams, Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Reliability Growth Testing (RGT) and Design of Experiments (DoE).
- Competence with Weibull analysis. Should be familiar with software such as Reliasoft Weibull ++ and Synthesis.
- Familiarity with statistical programs such as Minitab and advanced statistical Excel functions.
- Prefer Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) certification from ASQ
- Familiar with appliance certification qualifications, UL, ULC, CSA, CE
- Experienced with ISTA transportation certification.
- Experience conducting supplier audits and provide Quality feedback to AVL
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!