Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
The CLU Application group is responsible for Nuance’s services that use Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) to analyze physician documentation in real time and provide intelligent feedback. Our aim is to reduce the time that doctors spend writing notes so they can spend more time with patients, ensure that documents are as detailed as possible so the patient receives the best care, and streamline the billing process by collecting accurate and complete assessments.
As a QA engineer you will work directly with developers, product management, and customers to help ensure the quality of our CLU products for the physicians and other hospital staff that depend on it.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define strategies for solutions testing for Clinical Language Understanding Drago Medical Advisor workflows including integration with third party partners.
• Develop automated testing strategy for validating the DMA solutions workflows.
• Provide technical leadership to off-shore and local QA and development teams.
• Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones.
• Work closely with developers during appropriate stages of projects and participate in all phases of the scrum process.
• Contribute to product and process improvements and refinement of QA best practices.
• Troubleshoot and analyze application and third-party partner defects in the testing and production environment.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
• Perform tasks related to security and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
• 5 years of software industry experience in development or quality assurance
• Confident, self-motivated, with good communication skills and work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience testing large scale multi-tier web based applications
• Experience writing test plans and test cases for enterprise SaaS solutions
• Strong Web Services testing experience and thorough understanding of Web Services methodologies (SOA, XML, SOAP, REST, etc)
• Experience working on an Agile development team with rapid iterations
• Proficiency with product-relevant testing and process tools
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment and with geographically distributed teams
• Experience with test automation frameworks
• Solid technical aptitude. Must be able to quickly establish credibility with technical community
• Solid communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues to engineers and executive
• Must be able to interface with internal and external development partners
• Experience in the healthcare software industry
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, Groovy, Perl, TCL
• Experience with Development tools such as git, JIRA, and Confluence
• Experience with Linux environment
• BS or MS University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.