We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior QA to help the Business Platform Services team build new, innovative solutions to expand our Business Platform Services capabilities.
The Business Platform Services team at Toast provides core APIs and services on which customer experiences are built. We are at the very core of Toast, as we own the management of customers’ business data, enable the configuration of restaurants and software modules they use, and run a service for resilient communication between the Toast engineering ecosystem and Business Systems platforms such as Salesforce. In addition to the microservices we own, we also build single-page apps to administer these services.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Design, document, and implement automated API tests using Postman, JMeter, Robot Framework, RestSharp, or other tools.
- Instruct technical and non-technical agile team members in the use of test tools and frameworks.
- Create and execute load and performance tests, collect server/application data, and measure performance metrics against expected results.
- Troubleshoot complex server, application, and cloud performance and infrastructure issues.
- Ensure quality of test frameworks and developer applications by participating in code reviews and writing unit tests.
- Create test plans and test cases for new features and ensure that adequate test coverage is achieved.
- Mentor junior test engineers and other team members in quality assurance practices and strategies.
- Skilled at working with product owners and other internal teams to refine requirements as needed
- Interest in people management
Do you have the right ingredients*(Experience)?
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate expertise in testing strategies, skills, processes, and frameworks, including the pros and cons of various approaches to testing.
- Experience testing Enterprise Applications, frontend, backend, and middle tier.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience API testing.
- Experience with performance and load testing metrics and strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to break down complex technical challenges.
- Experience leading others through coaching and collaboration
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience writing Automated Testing Scripts and building Test Frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience integrating automated tests in Build and Deployment Pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability in creating unique testing frameworks and tools which can be used by technical and non-technical team members.
- Build test frameworks with a focus in Data Driven testing strategies.
- Proficient in C#, Java, Python, Go, Groovy, or other programming / scripting languages.
- Past experience managing people
*Bread puns encouraged, not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.