Senior QA Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Sr. QA Engineer will work with a team of testers, developers and documentation staff in the testing of the next generation of Conversational AI products within our DAX (Dragon Ambient eXperience) team. You will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
- Devise, document, and execute detailed test plans for all assigned projects
- Conduct comprehensive testing on all software products and applications
- Evaluate and test software programs to verify all assigned projects function according to internal and external user requirements
- Ability to create and execute test scripts for both manual and automated testing
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects in software and related systems on an advanced level
- Write test documents including test plan, test cases and test summaries
- Ability to document knowledge of product and processes
- Perform hands-on QA including data quality/integrity for new features and regression testing
- Provide detailed report and analysis of all defects, risks, and issues identified during testing of all assigned projects
- Work together with developers to resolve all identified defects, risks, and issues identified during testing of all assigned projects
- Review support documentation for accuracy and usability
- Assist with troubleshooting production-level issues, and support for production releases
- Prepare projects for end-user testing
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality processes including Required Documentation, and Testing Processes
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, QA, and product managers) to communicate progress and testing status
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
- Confident, self-motivated, with good communication skills and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of the QA process; writing and executing test plans and experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong skills in scripting and automated testing
- Working experience in manual and automated testing of Linux-based systems and iOS applications
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills in an IT environment
- Exceptional ability to quickly understand and work with application functionality and system technology (OS, APIs)
- Ability to multitask with proven tight deadline experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong knowledge in tools like SilkCentral, JIRA, Confluence, and LAVA
- Continuous education – staying up to date with testing tools and test methodology
- Good knowledge in Health care software testing and familiar with medical terminologies
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience testing IOT devices is a plus
- Experience in testing speech recognition software is a plus
- Experience with embedded Linux is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.