Senior QA Engineer at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
Establishes and maintains high quality standards of various software and web-based applications. Performs business processes testing, checking information content, calculation, storage, updates, functionality, and interaction between and among applications. Participates in complete cycle of product design, testing, documentation and correction.
- Participates in product design sessions and reviews product specifications.
- Maintains detailed test plans and cases based upon business and technical requirements/specifications.
- Maintains written and automated test scripts and individual project timelines.
- Performs testing comprised of compatibility, functionality, regression, scalability and performance.
- Performs processing exception testing, comprised of verification of error handling capabilities.
- Ensures product consistency through the testing process.
- Enters defects into tracking system and re-tests corrected defects.
- Maintains extensive working knowledge of company’s software application.
- Adheres to the company’s software development life cycle processes and procedures.
- Works closely with QA team members, developers, product management and technical writers.
- Participates in improving software quality assurance procedures and standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or relevant work experience
COMPLEXITY: Demonstrates good communication and documentation skills. Strong decision making, good judgement, project management, and analytical, creative problem solving skills necessary.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Collaborates directly with development staff. Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Completes additional duties as assigned.