Senior QA Engineer (Remote) at Vestmark, Inc.
Vestmark is a leading provider of wealth management solutions and services which enable financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem. With over $1.4+ trillion in assets and 5+ million accounts, we are a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected players across the wealth management industry.
Our team of over 400 employees is made up of highly skilled software and quality engineers, implementation specialists, business strategists, and visionaries who maintain an eye toward the future of financial technology. Our employees are our most valuable assets and the reason we have been named Best Places to Work by Boston Business Journal five years in a row. Your energy, enthusiasm, technical curiosity, combined with your appreciation and support of our core values, will be leveraged to help us build the next generation of our wealth management solutions.
About the Position:
Vestmark is looking for a QA Engineer to join our agile organization that is dedicated to delivering a high quality Vestmark product suite, ensuring that it meets and exceeds client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced and growing software engineering organization.
The QA Engineer will review functional requirements and user stories from internal stakeholders; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications. You will be the champion of quality on your scrum team, working to help elevate the work of those around you to exceed the quality standards our clients expect. Our ideal candidate would have a combination of business acumen and technical expertise to allow them to grow into an SME on a complex full-stack application. We are looking for someone with varied testing experience to help us evolve our quality processes. New ideas are always welcomed and encouraged!
- Apply expertise in specific product areas to ensure that VestmarkONE services meet documented acceptance criteria and client quality expectations.
- Instill QA best practices on your scrum team by leading manual test case development, execution and tracking.
- QA mentorship for non-qa staff on your scrum team so that they can understand how to better test functionality as it is being implemented to ensure high quality releases.
- Ability to write tests from abstract requirements.
- Provide feedback on product performance and user experience.
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile SDLC; providing constructive feedback during grooming, retrospectives and planning sessions; periodically demonstrating new functionality to internal stakeholders, as well as members of other scrum teams; become SME for output of your team to assist Vestmark Implementations team roll-out new functionality.
- Contribute to the review of product documentation/release notes.
- Help determine the expansion of our automated testing capabilities and coverage.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3-7 years of Software Quality Assurance experience, ideally with a strong focus in Financial Technology or related domain
- Experience working in a successful Agile environment using Agile SDLC tools such as Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Experience working with test management tools such as Zephyr.
- Foundational understanding of git or other content version control system
- Experience with web service and API testing
- Performance testing experience
- Microsoft SQL Server experience, you should be able to retrieve and manipulate data
- Demonstrated ability to operate on a small team in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change directions as priorities shift
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and have a positive impact on the company, its culture and its products
- Understand the deployment and maintenance of an N-Tier application in either manual or automated fashion
- Experience testing with soapUI and Postman
- Integration testing; inbound file processing, outbound file creation, API testing, configuration testing
- Experience with Financial technologies such as BETA, APL, FIX, IDC, Reuters, Morningstar or Bloomberg
- Experience with log collection and analysis, APM and DB monitoring tools
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve and explain system level issues affecting application
- Work across teams and disciplines in order to find an equitable solution to problems that arise
- Coded UI Automation, experience with Selenium WebDriver a plus
- Working knowledge of a scripting language, python a plus
- Performance testing tools such as JMeter is a plus
- BS degree in Finance, Computer Science or equivalent work experience. MSCS is a plus
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.