Senior QA Automation Engineer at Nuance
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
The QA Engineer works with a team of testers, developers and documentation staff in the testing Nuance’s flagship medical front end dictation products. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with scrum teams and team leads on software and system development in order to test new versions of our Dragon Medical products.
- Collaborate with field service teams to reproduce and isolate customer issues.
- Collaborate with developers and the test team to automate testing of new features and resolve issues.
- Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the development process.
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks.
- Solve complex automation challenges and work on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Design and develop automated functional, regression and performance test programs or scripts based on libraries of reusable test code modules or functions.
- Work with scrum teams to establish and promote best practices, standards and processes for automation testing.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Participate in functional and technical reviews/sprint reviews.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
- Perform tasks related to security and maintaining products, tools, and processes with security in mind.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Minimum years of work experience: 5+
- Experience testing applications in Windows environment (7, 10 & Server)
- Experience executing automation test on Windows platform.
- Experience writing test plans.
- Proficient in writing scripts with Python, Perl or similar
- Working knowledge of Silk Test or QTP
- Experience in SDLC. One of programming languages: Java, C#, Python, Perl
- Skills replicating customer issues with little direction.
- Experience with performance testing
- Excellent working knowledge of Agile (Scrum or TDD)
- Working knowledge of Test Management tools (HP or MicroFocus)
- Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
- Experience working with source control tool like Git, Perforce or similar
- Experience with product development for the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience automation iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with professional product development in combination with speech recognition technologies and/or AI.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.