Senior QA Automation Engineer
Headquartered in the Boston area, Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Leading global brands in a variety of industries rely on Interaction’s conversational AI technology to communicate with their customers every day.
At Interactions we are committed to transforming customer experience and passionate about the professional and personal development of our talented and enthusiastic team. We endeavor to create opportunities that advance the skills, interests, careers and lives of our employees. Come join our growing team!
The Sr QA Automation Engineer plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will have experience with automated testing practices and processes and be motivated to continuous improvement of our current QA environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and conducting tests and automation test procedures prior to product launches to ensure software quality, while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background, love developing QA processes and procedures, and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Essential Job Functions:
Sr QA Automation engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions and developing and tracking QA metrics (e.g. code coverage, open defect counts). The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in complex environments with multiple work component dependencies. In addition, he/she will:
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct,
- logical and verifiable.
- Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
- Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 6 + years as a Test Automation Engineer or QA Engineer
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
- SDLC/Process Improvement
- Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
- QA planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL