Markforged is looking for an experienced machinist with a strong technical background to support our engineering team with quick-turn parts, custom tooling & equipment and manufacturing expertise. We are looking for a talented, driven individual who knows how to make quality parts fast, and who is excited to expand our capabilities as we grow. In addition to direct machining work, the qualified individual will manage the day-to-day operations of our internal machine shop and provide design feedback at various stages of development.
In this role you will:
- Create custom parts using in-house milling, turning, welding and 3D printing equipment
- Work closely with engineering team to develop prototypes from drawings, written instructions or hand sketches
- Provide internal millwright services to diagnose and repair custom machinery for both prototype and production equipment.
- Support application engineering team with post-processing and inspection operations on customer sample parts
- Work with Engineering team to determine best fabrication and tolerance strategies to reduce cost and fabrication time
- Perform modifications to existing parts or sub-assemblies per engineering mark-ups as needed for prototype development
- Measure and inspect all parts to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances
- Manage shop facilities, inventory and budget for material, tooling, equipment and consumables
- Own preventative maintenance and 5S plans for all shop equipment and facilities
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Ability to safely and skillfully operate all the following equipment:
- CNC Mill
- CNC Lathe
- CAD and CAM software packages
- TIG welding station
- Various other typical machine shop equipment
- Variety of power and hand tools
What we look for:
- 10 + years of professional experience in a precision machining environment
- High energy, cooperative attitude with a bias towards problem solving and learning
- Expert 3D CAD operator, Solidworks experience preferred. PDM experience a plus
- Expert CAM programmer
- Conversant in Fanuc and Haas controls, as well as prototrak conversational programming
- Strong mechanical assembly and troubleshooting skills, previous machine repair or millwright experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance
- Welding experience required, certifications a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- OSHA Safety Training a plus
What is Markforged?
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. We move at a breakneck pace but refuse to compromise on quality. We believe in “doing it right the first time” and investing in code quality, testing, tooling and infrastructure. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across Materials Science, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description