Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance Healthcare is looking for a Senior Principal Cloud Architect, reporting directly into the VP of Engineering. The architect’s primary focus will be helping lead the charge to deliver Nuance’s Healthcare solutions in the public cloud. You will partner with product engineering teams to design and implement modern cloud and data architectures, CI/CD pipelines, and security practices.
A successful candidate will have experience designing, building, and operating public cloud solutions, and have the drive to constantly raise the bar to improve how we deliver our portfolio of products. Read more about our solutions at https://www.nuance.com/healthcare.html.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Design and implement secure cloud application environments
- Maintain security standards according to internal policies
- Provide mentoring and coaching to product teams to help further our Cloud maturity
- Work with the Engineering VP to define a vision of technical excellence for Cloud architecture, tools, and processes
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance and Hosted Operations teams to deploy, troubleshoot and optimize cloud solutions
- Analyze existing systems and propose software architecture improvements, paying particular attention to latency, accuracy and extensibility
- Assess architectures and technical assets from product teams, and propose a technology consolidation plans where possible
- Write detailed designs, clearly convey intent and ideas to the developers
- Solve complex technical problems / communicate ideas and plans to a diverse set of colleagues, negotiate technical solutions across teams when needed
- Working in a distributed environment with teams around the world
- Seamlessly shift between multiple, concurrent projects
- Define KPIs to monitor and maintain required service levels
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Education: Bachelors, Masters or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Minimum years of work experience: 12+ in software industry experience
- 5+ years cloud software delivery experience
- 8+ years of software architecture experience
- Hands-on experience architecting, designing, and delivering software systems
- Deep experience architecting a large scale solution on the cloud, millions of cloud transactions per month
- Deep experience with agile methodologies; continuous integration, delivery and deployment to production
- Very strong Programming experience with Java and / or C#
- Relational database experience – My SQL, MS SQL or equivalent
- Complete software life cycle experience, including deployment to production
- Clear passion for software engineering, design and, performance
- Must be able to work in a distributed environment and balance competing priorities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, is required for communication with globally distributed Nuance teams
- Good people and negotiation skills, able to listen to disparate technical opinions and build consensus
- Embraces software development processes and design principles
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- Experience leading teams delivering public cloud solutions
- Deep knowledge and understanding of public cloud, MS Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Experience with containers and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes; related components like Prometheus
- Experience with software load balancers, message queues, and other task distribution technologies
- Experience with data lake and analytics technologies
- Strong background in DevOps concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and highly scalable solutions
- Understanding of different techniques and options for HA and DR
- Experience securing products, tools, and processes
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Talent Acquisition Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.