Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
The Services Platform and Thrasio Management Interface (TMI) team empowers other engineering teams at Thrasio to focus less on boilerplate and infrastructure and more on building business value. We build and support tools and patterns that are considered best practices at Thrasio. We own the Thrasio Management Interface platform, the foundation of user-facing internal tooling at Thrasio. We operate like a product team where our platform is the product we offer to our customers, other engineering teams. Our mission is to provide an easy-to-use and delightful developer experience for our customers to let them focus on building software products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Engage with other engineering teams to understand their challenges and pain points, and participate in turning that into an actionable roadmap
- Be an evangelist and educator about opportunities to leverage platform functionality to help free up otherwise wasted development time
- Build, maintain and evolve a reference implementation of the platform for others to copy, tweak and build upon
- Create and maintain a high standard for platform "golden path" documentation
- Work with teams to extend the platform with cutting edge or "new to Thrasio" technologies in a way that future teams can then leverage
- Scope out, build, maintain, own and operate services that provide functionality to other services (e.g. notification management, proxies to common 3rd party data sources, etc.)
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps or similar role
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language
- Working knowledge of Python frameworks, such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
- Experience with CI/CD, observability, automated testing, monitoring and alerting
- You’re either a software engineer who loves DevOps and automating infrastructure or you’re a DevOps expert with some software engineering background
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.