This Senior Performance Engineer role is specific to automated testing for our API services and performance and load testing. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Create BDD tests using pytest-bdd with output in junit-xml format
- Perform initial load tests to validate system performance and stability and get a results baseline
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to determine root cause and suggest corrective actions
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Oversee system performance life-cycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Generate performance data and story in Big Query for Looker access
- Generate Looker dashboard for viewing results
- Mentoring junior SEiTs and COOPs in API testing/Performance Testing/Load Testing and analysis
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- 7-10 years development experience building test suites, automation/load/performance frameworks.
- Experience with load and performance testing
- Experience with object oriented programming languages or scripting languages (i.e. Java, Python).
- Experience with load/performance testing tools: Pytest-BDD, JMeter, Gaitling
- Experience with SQL, and Jira.
- Is up-to-date on both web and mobile automated QA tools, and can leverage these to implement a flexible load and performance testing framework.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing. Detail-oriented with excellent self-motivation, planning, documentation and communication skills
- Has a strong understanding of test-driven development and ability to advocate and teach best practices.
- Is a developer at heart - QA by trade- with a passion to achieve test coverage through automation.
- Has experience with continuous integration, and continuous integration frameworks to support rapid development.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Effective communication skills.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.