Senior Performance Engineer II at Wellframe
This Senior Performance Engineer role is specific to automated testing for our API services and performance and load testing. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Create BDD tests using pytest-bdd with output in junit-xml format
- Perform initial load tests to validate system performance and stability and get a results baseline
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to determine root cause and suggest corrective actions
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Oversee system performance life-cycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Generate performance data and story in Big Query for Looker access
- Generate Looker dashboard for viewing results
- Mentoring junior SEiTs and COOPs in API testing/Performance Testing/Load Testing and analysis
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- 7-10 years development experience building test suites, automation/load/performance frameworks.
- Experience with load and performance testing
- Experience with object oriented programming languages or scripting languages (i.e. Java, Python).
- Experience with load/performance testing tools: Pytest-BDD, JMeter, Gaitling
- Experience with SQL, and Jira.
- Is up-to-date on both web and mobile automated QA tools, and can leverage these to implement a flexible load and performance testing framework.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing. Detail-oriented with excellent self-motivation, planning, documentation and communication skills
- Has a strong understanding of test-driven development and ability to advocate and teach best practices.
- Is a developer at heart - QA by trade- with a passion to achieve test coverage through automation.
- Has experience with continuous integration, and continuous integration frameworks to support rapid development.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Effective communication skills.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.