Senior Performance Engineer - Boston Hub at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:56 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned and creative Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
At Veeva, each software release is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Senior Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our product’s success. You will work with developers to test and optimize Veeva’s CDMS software prior to its release and monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. You will work with product management to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. This is a technical and hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks.
What You'll Do
- Define, develop and achieve performance/scalability benchmarks for Veeva CDMS product
- Efficiently work with various profiling tools such as Yourkit to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
- 6+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Proficiency with Java, MySQL, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools
- Expert in distributed computing systems and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Meet the Veeva Boston Team
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]