Senior Mobile Software Engineer
Localytics is seeking a Senior Mobile Software Engineer to join our team.
Our SDKs have been installed on over two billion devices. If you’re the kind of person who combs through WWDC sessions and Google I/O videos, or dives head-first into system frameworks or third-party libraries, you’ll be in good company at Localytics.
About the role
As a mobile software engineer, you’ll work closely with backend and frontend engineers on enabling the latest in mobile engagement features, powered by machine learning and petabytes of analytics data. This position is unique in the ability to work deeply on iOS and Android with ample opportunity to branch out to technologies like React.js or Scala.
The opportunity for learning and career growth is massive. If you are looking for a place on the cutting edge, come join us. We hire engineers that are passionate about their work and want to be part of a company that feels the same way.
As a senior mobile software engineer, you will:
- Design and develop new features for Localytics mobile SDKs on Android, iOS, tvOS, and Web
- Design and implement Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment systems for SDK
- Work with Product Managers to identify new product opportunities, define project timelines and specify new features
- Work with Support & Services teams to patch bugs, update documentation and tackle customer issues.
- Execute on full-stack feature development by working with backend systems and data warehouses
- Bachelors in Computer Science / related field *OR* equivalent work experience
- 2-3 additional years experience developing and shipping native mobile apps or frameworks on Android and/or iOS
- Experience with system frameworks like Core Graphics or Core Animation *OR* experience with low-level Android APIs like the support libraries
- Strong knowledge of Java, Objective-C, C, or C++
- Strong technical skills and fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- A proven curiosity for learning new languages and platforms
Nice to Have:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with Agile / Test Driven Development
- Experience developing public-facing APIs
- Desire to expand skillset into scalable backend systems or web technologies like React.js
Localytics helps the world’s leading brands understand how users engage with their apps and how to improve loyalty through personalized and more meaningful app experiences. We are a Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant Leader for the Mobile Marketing Platforms, and our customers include Bose, Redbox, Live Nation, ZipCar, The Weather Channel, ESPN, Bloomberg, Eurostar, and GoPro. We currently have offices in Berlin and Boston, and customers all around the globe.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment makes for a stronger, more supportive, and creative company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people with different experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Interested in a new challenge?