Senior Mobile Software Engineer, Carbon at Indigo
Senior Mobile Software Engineer, Carbon
As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer on the Carbon team, you will work on building web and mobile applications supporting Indigo’s carbon sequestration effort. Indigo Carbon is mobilizing farmers to sequester carbon through regenerative farming practices, that will generate carbon credits and produce healthier food. Your expertise in mobile application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications that aid our mission. All farmers, who we enroll and guide through the process of changing their practices, will aid our mission of sustainably feeding the planet.
In this role, you will build mobile applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
- Be a part of a growing mobile team that is building mobile apps for Agronomy, Trucking, Ag Finance, Marketplace, and other product verticals
- Use the latest Apple and third party technologies to implement innovative solutions to solve some of the industry's oldest issues
- Take part in User interviews/studies to help define requirements, and work with product and design to build a cohesive user experience
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Experience shipping mobile apps to either the Appstore or the enterprise store
- Working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Database and data-model design
- Integration with an API using URLSession or a framework
- 1+ year of Swift experience
- Experience with CoreData and CoreLocation in a large application
- GraphQL experience
- Background push notifications and background task extensions
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.