Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS
Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS
As a Senior Mobile Engineer on the Carbon team, you will work on building web and mobile applications supporting Indigo’s carbon sequestration effort. Indigo Carbon is mobilizing farmers to sequester carbon through regenerative farming practices, that will generate carbon credits and produce healthier food. Your expertise in mobile application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications that aid our mission. All farmers, who we enroll and guide through the process of changing their practices, will aid our mission of sustainably feeding the planet.
In this role, you will build mobile applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
- Be a part of a growing mobile team that is building mobile apps for Agronomy, Trucking, Ag Finance, Marketplace, and other product verticals
- Use the latest Apple and third party technologies to implement innovative solutions to solve some of the industry's oldest issues
- Take part in User interviews/studies to help define requirements, and work with product and design to build a cohesive user experience
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Experience shipping mobile apps to either the Appstore or the enterprise store
- Working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Database and data-model design
- Integration with an API using URLSession or a framework
- 1+ year of Swift experience
- Experience with CoreData and CoreLocation in a large application
- GraphQL experience
- Background push notifications and background task extensions
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.