Senior Mobile Engineer, Android at Indigo
Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
In this role, you will build mobile applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
- Be a part of a growing team that is building mobile apps for Agronomy, Trucking, Ag Finance, Marketplace, and other product verticals
- Use the latest Android and third-party technologies to implement innovative solutions to solve some of the industry's oldest issues
- Take part in User interviews/studies to help define requirements, and work with product and design to build a cohesive user experience
- 1+ year of Kotlin experience
- Understand Android Build System and Gradle
- Worked with Google Play Services and Jetpack libraries
- Experience with GraphQL
- Wrote Unit Tests and Instrumented Tests
- Familiar with Clean Architecture principles
- 3+ years of professional Android development experience
- Solid understanding of Android design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in every aspect of the mobile app development lifecycle, from Design to CI/CD, to publishing to the Play Store
- Working in a fast-paced agile environment
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.