Senior Manager, Software Engineering at 2U, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)
You will lead an engineering team focused on building a delightful, secure and compliant purchase experience for learners on edX. Working on edX’s e-commerce experiences will provide you with an opportunity to have a big impact. We are seeking a leader who is energized by building high-trust teams and building digital products that people love.
You will lead a team of 5 engineers of varying levels of experience that is remote-first and partially distributed. Several team members are within commutable distance to edX’s Cambridge, MA headquarters, however, the team has been successfully operating in a fully-remote mode for over a year.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 5 software engineers
- Partner cross-functionally to understand customer needs; identify, define, and scope solutions; and achieve organizational goals
- Build a high performing agile team
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the delivery of value to customers and implement solutions that span people, processes, and technology
- Stewardship of quality for e-commerce user experiences including participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation and proactive management of security and data privacy
- Reach beyond your team to affect positive change in other teams
- Manage large, business critical initiatives
- 2+ years of current or previous experience leading and managing engineering teams
- 5+ years of current or previous hands-on software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methods and practices
- Key mindsets: always improving, systems thinking, and customer-centricity
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.