Senior Manager, Security Engineering at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Docusign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial senior manager to lead PI’s Security Engineering team. You will be in charge of setting the company’s strategic direction for security, data privacy, and policy, and will report directly to the VP of Engineering. You will not only manage the team, but you will have the opportunity to build it as you see fit and hire the team members best suited to accomplish the mission.
This role requires a significant amount of autonomy to create and drive the roadmap so maintaining strong relationships with leaders in Engineering and Legal is paramount. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of leadership in the security and privacy space on a fast growing cloud platform. We are in the early design stages of rebuilding our core Talent Optimization platform so this is a great opportunity to influence that design with the latest security and privacy practices, enabling us to scale with massive growth across the US and globally.
- Understand the landscape of cloud based security, gaps in our system, and a path to excellence
- Work with key stakeholders across Engineering, Product, and Legal to define and execute the roadmap while maintaining a 2-year vision
- Hire, lead, manage, and coach a team of engineers to improve their skills and support them in achieving their career goals
- Act as primary liaison with our security consultants to identify and address vulnerabilities
- Partner closely with legal team and external counsel to comply with all existing and upcoming data privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA
- Lead security reviews, penetration tests, risk analysis, threat modeling, and vulnerability tests
- Enhance the incidence response plan and define the protocol for support escalations
- Primary technology stack includes .Net backend and API layer with Angular and Node.js frontend, hosted in Azure Cloud
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of defining a security strategy and executing it in a fast paced and high growth environment
- Change agent willing to experiment, learn, and pivot by making data driven decisions
- Ability to build relationships across the company, especially with your key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, and Legal
- Strong career coach and advocate for ensuring everyone on the team is happy, engaged, and challenged
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
This position is based in our new Boston office in Back Bay.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.