Senior Manager of QA
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
This is a leadership role within our Agency team, which builds custom branded mobile applications and web ordering experiences for our Enterprise restaurant clients. The LevelUp Agency team has built and launched over 200 of these applications for clients ranging from 50 locations to 900 locations, with plans to build and launch even larger and more complex applications as we grow our business.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead, inspire, and grow a cross-functional team of Quality Assurance Engineers and Build & Release Engineers focused on client-facing mobile application and web application development projects.
- Refine existing processes and tools for testing, building, and release both mobile apps and web apps, to ensure that teams are operating efficiently.
- Set up and increase automation of tests and builds such that scope of the team can be expanded over time to increase cycles of test executions and depth of test coverage.
- Proactively identify and resolve blockers or problems that are causing delays in timelines or difficulty coordinating among teams.
- Represent the voice of your team in Agile/Scrum planning and grooming processes to accurately represent the level of effort needed to perform testing activities within the sprint.
- Work closely with Technical Brand Management team to ensure your team is helping to effectively perform tests, builds, and releases for client-facing mobile & web application launches and updates.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and others for planning and prioritization purposes.
You Should Have
- Experience with leading and growing teams, including effective management of both managers and individual contributors.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including effective meeting facilitation and information synthesis.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible.
- Experience with development, testing, and releases of mobile & web applications, across both iOS and Android, as well as multiple browsers and operating systems.
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.