We focus 100% on delivery and reliability of our customer facing environments, not internal IT systems. We're looking for a senior leader to join our team to focus on Network Engineering. This is a key role in the Enterprise organization. You will directly manage a large team of talented senior engineers focusing on all aspects of networking including edge security, cloud connectivity, automation, and associated constructs like asset management, performance, and capacity tuning. This role is uniquely positioned to build strategic contributions towards compliance & governance execution as well as partnering deeply with our SRE teams in R&D to deliver quickly in rapid growing sectors of intelligent engagement platforms, virtual assistants, and AI.
To be successful in this role you must have a proven track record of successfully managing large scale network architectures across both private and public cloud, have a strong background in optimizing Arista and Palo Alto technologies as well as Azure networking, have valuable insight into the evolving world of network automation, and be an awesome technology leader and mentor. You will be passionate about the minutia: from vendor management, license & cost reviews, and lifecycle replacement as our products migrate from private cloud to public cloud offerings. You have to be seen as a partner for your engineering colleagues; creating experiences that make people want to work with you and your team. Finally, you need to have a passion to automate everything, be able to run with fuzzy requirements, have a bias towards action, make great judgment calls, and be comfortable with smart risk taking. This role receives regular interaction with senior business leaders for the division, and is a great platform to take the route towards director and beyond.
- Overall strategic direction for the architecture, platforms, and common network services that run across our production data centers and public cloud.
- Maintain relationships with key vendors to understand their product roadmap and lifecycles to seamlessly guide our technology stack into the future.
- Evaluate new and emerging technology; creating roadmaps for how we incorporate them to further evolve our public and private cloud systems.
- Create seamless experiences for infrastructure services between private and public cloud.
- Work in a security and compliance first mindset to ensure programs around threat management and vulnerability management are ingrained in your DNA
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of managing a technical team in a related field
- Strategic senior manager, with a passion for technology, automation, and developing people.
- Experience with large scale (5,000+ nodes) production environment
- Understanding of server hardware architecture, linux operating system, networking and
- Knowledge of security best practices, including CIS, NIST standards
- Previous experience with multi-cloud architectures and/or hybrid architectures.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.