Senior Lead/Manager, Hardware Operations Strategy and Technology at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for an analytical, technical, and motivated team player to bring our hardware operations team’s strategic and operational objectives to life. Our hardware operations team is responsible for working with suppliers to manufacture custom hardware, handling delivery logistics, and managing our warehouse configuration centers. You will work closely with them to understand their challenges, their long-term vision, and help develop technology-based solutions that achieve our strategic goals. This is an opportunity to drive transformational change to a critical part of our business.
In this role, you will work closely with the business leadership and collaborate with our Business Systems team, to plan, design and deliver optimal solutions for systems and applications that will support our hardware operations team. This includes understanding key pain points, identifying processes and technology that needs to change, running vendor selection processes, gathering detailed business and technical requirements, ensuring high quality implementation and execution, and measuring key results. You will become an expert on the processes and data flows that are connected to our hardware operations team, and your work will drive improved efficiency, higher customer satisfaction, and more accurate financial reporting.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with hardware operations leaders to understand their goals and operational requirements
- Build out a technology roadmap for driving improvements to hardware operations that maximizes value to the business
- Identify process improvements that would need to accompany changes to technology and work with key stakeholders to drive those changes
- Drive technology selection process for different tools and project manage the implementations of these tools (includes gathering requirements, running RFP process, working with key vendors, etc.)
- Identify how hardware operations intersects with other parts of our business (e.g. onboarding, customer care, finance), and build solutions and improve processes across those customer journeys
- Gather detailed requirements and collaborate with IT team members (where applicable) to identify and document system solutions
- Work hands-on in systems to triage and resolve production support issues and implement minor enhancement requests
- Manage QA and testing of custom deployments to and upgrades in these environments
- Provide subject matter expertise to the internal operations and data teams on how different pieces of information are collected and used
- Regularly report out on project/program status
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of experience working on supply chain issues and technology (experience related to warehouse operations is a plus)
- Experience with / understanding of relevant technology (e.g. warehouse management systems, ERP, product lifecycle management, etc.) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience of solving complex problems using a data-driven approach
- Demonstrated experience in improving processes to drive efficiency
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the overlap between operations and systems
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
- Willing to travel to configuration centers in Woburn. MA and Reno, NV as needed
*Bread puns encouraged but not required