Senior Lead Software Engineer, Platform at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:12 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Senior Lead Software Engineer to lead our Platform team and influence our product roadmap. This is more than a technical position, though. You’ll be collaborating with teams in various locations and working closely with the business in finding ways to disrupt one of the oldest industries. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Lead Software Engineer
- Take ownership of the design and development of provisioning automation for our infrastructure using Chef and Terraform.
- Provide significant input to product vision for how your team’s software should evolve as a coherent technical platform to deliver personalized communications for the broader engineering team.
- Represent engineering concerns for the systems your team owns.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure high quality work that aligns with DraftKings engineering strategy.
- Mentor other engineers on your team and help them improve their technical skills.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- You’ve also worked with provisioning automation using Terraform, Chef, and Puppet
- Familiarity with cloud (we use AWS) infrastructure and architecture best practices.
- You also have the ability to write comprehensive automated test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description