Senior Lead Software Engineer, Marketing Platform
What you’ll do as a Technical Lead:
- Take ownership of the design, development, and operations of API services as well as internal tools written primarily in C# and TypeScript with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in AWS.
- Provide significant input to product vision for how your team’s software should evolve as a coherent technical platform to deliver personalized communications for the broader engineering team.
- Represent engineering concerns for the systems your team owns.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure high quality work that aligns with DraftKings engineering strategy.
- Mentor other engineers on your team and help them improve their technical skills.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- You have strong relational database skills and are comfortable using non-relational data stores like DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Familiarity with cloud (we use AWS) infrastructure and architecture best practices.
- You also have the ability to write comprehensive automated test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company is a plus.