We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of Engineering.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Senior Lead Software Engineer with deep Android experience to join our Daily Fantasy Sports engineering team. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, informing business decisions, setting standards for mobile development, mentoring Android engineers, and helping to expand our industry leading Android application.
What you’ll do as a Senior Lead Software Engineer:
- Take ownership for the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and standards of the Daily Fantasy Sports Android app, utilizing Java and Kotlin
- Collaborate with business leads across Daily Fantasy Sports to define milestones and deliverables for new functionality to be added to the application.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of projects and strategic initiatives, with specific focus on user experience, usability, stability, and efficiency.
- Mentor and lead design sessions, ensuring that DFS Android developers deliver high quality work that aligns with the mission of the Daily Fantasy Sports engineering division.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise in Android development (5+ years).
- Experience in planning, delivering, and managing Android features, workflows, and products
- Expertise in object-oriented software development (Java/Kotlin). C# experience a plus.
- Expertise in Android application development, Agile development and SDLC, and mobile app release processes.
- Ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the application
- Strong communication and mentorship skills; ability to help define standards and build consensus preferred.
- Familiarity with AWS based services and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automation.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.