At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
We are looking for a talented Senior Full stack Engineer to join our team to help us build the software that powers our digital care management platform dashboards, and to drive mentoring and the development of junior engineers on the team.
Areas of Responsibility:
Translating user stories into software solutions
- Working closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand the business problems
- Collaborating with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience
- Validating design approach with other senior engineers
- Writing automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality
Debugging and fixing production issues
- Participating in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have exemplar uptime and reliability
- Working with our customer support team to debug and fix bugs affecting our users
Mentoring Software Engineers
- Working closely with software engineers to guide their technical and career growth
Scoping out complexity of future work
- Working with product managers and scrum masters to develop proof of concepts and estimates for future work
Experience & Skills
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study
- At least 3 years development experience building SaaS or cloud-based commercial software products
- Experienced with backend frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Experienced with API integration with external services
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions — knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma
- Demonstrable history of technical mentorship
- Thrives on diverse technical challenges — our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.