Senior Java Developer, full stack with Kafka and AWS platform at Perficient
At Perficient, you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. You will do this with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Technical Consultant who will serve as a Data Integration Engineer.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Develop applications in languages including Java, Springboot, J2EE, Junit, Maven, SOAP etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Partner with Architects , ETL developers and QA leads
- Experience with working in AWS cloud environment
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as Agile tools and processes including Git, Azure Dev Ops (ADO)
- 6 to 8 years of J2EE Development experience
- Working experience with Kafka messaging services and others such as JMS, MQ etc.
- AWS Lambda
- Spring framework experience
- SOAP/Restful Web Services
- XSLT/XML/XPath/JSON ( Transformations)
- Hands-on with the following tools/technologies –
- Spring Boot
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.