About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
On the iOS team, you’ll help us build a world-class ecosystem of restaurant apps. Our work is driven by three questions: what’s best for our users? What’s best for our restaurant partners? And what’s best for ourselves, as developers of our own platform? Our native iOS SDK powers all the apps in our network - a platform of features and customizations that can perfectly tailor our restaurant partners’ apps to what’s best for their users. We’re a group of talented, highly-motivated individuals with a shared passion for clean, well-tested, highly maintainable software. We’re looking to expand our team to support the rapid growth we’re expecting to begin in the next couple months.
The Impact You Will Make
Curious about our current plans?
- What tools and strategies help us stay at the cutting edge of the native mobile ecosystem?
- How can we transform our client app SDK - which currently powers 100+ apps - into a dynamic platform that can allow for straightforward and easily maintainable brand customizations?
- We’re constantly developing awesome new features. Just a few topics we’re currently working on: a unified cross-department design system and language, completely refreshed user onboarding and homescreen experience, and creating novel new ways for brands to drive engagement through our user rewards platform.
What motivates you?
- Learning from others and helping them learn
- A balance of being able to be independent, but also eager to collaborate
- Working with flexible & efficient development plans
- Clean code and architecture
- Passionate about amazing user experience
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of professional native iOS development experience in Swift and Objective C
- Excellent communication and inter-team coordination skills
- Plenty of expertise in creating RESTful-driven iOS apps
- Ability to break down abstract tasks and estimate work
- Interest in guiding colleagues and delegating work
- Software engineering degree, technical education, or equivalent practical experience
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Various types of modern mobile architectures
- Continuous integration & delivery
- SDK development
- API & backend development (especially in Ruby)
- Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]