Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, UI for our Peth Health team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor as part of a team of strong engineers. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What you'll do:
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal and external applications with web technologies
- Build responsive sites for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Interact with the application stack to access and store information in a comprehensive application ecosystem
- Create and execute integration and user experience testing plans
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams.
- Provide technical guidance to your team ion order to build quality software
- Bring industry best practices in terms of technology and process
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years of experience creating modern web experiences across mobile and desktop browsers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Strong Experience with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Experience with JSP pages to implement front-end templates for web applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ecommerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com