Senior Front End Software Engineer at Kensho Technologies
What You’ll Do
- You will build, test, and deploy applications that disrupt existing niches.
- You will contribute to, and architect, internal and consumer-facing projects including a UI component library, charting abstractions, and a suite of applications.
- You will help create the vision for new applications and libraries.
- You will make architectural decisions with autonomy.
- You will help ensure that our services are scalable, monitored, and robust.
- You will work closely with numerous other teams including design, back end, machine learning, data infrastructure, and core infrastructure.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, and Jest
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- You have 5+ years of experience with front end technologies
- You have a deep understanding of React
- You have a general knowledge across the frontend domain, including:
- Browser APIs
- You have at least one core expertise, such as TypeScript, performance optimization, frontend infrastructure, data visualization
- You have a strong background in system design, API design, recognizing decision points, and weighing different approaches to a problem
- You have a strong understanding of practical algorithms and data structures
- You have attention to detail and thoroughness
- You have a desire to build a strong, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer, mentor, and teammate
How to Really Get Our Attention
- You were a major technical contributor at a top software company
- You have open-source project contributions showing thoughtfulness and initiative
- You have relevant research or publications
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events