Senior Front End Software Engineer - Digital Ordering at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
You will be working on the restaurant-facing software interface used by thousands of establishments each day to power their business.. We need talented engineers to help people live happier, fuller lives through great food experiences. Want to try coaching others on making an impact? Team Leadership is also possible within this position.
As an engineer on The Digital Ordering Activations team, you will:
- Experiment directly with Restaurants to unlock the limitless potential of digital ordering both provided by Toast and by 3rd parties.
- Ship code that has a massive impact on guests and restaurants.
- Be part of a team working with Research & Design, Product and other engineers building experiences that people love.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Have experience across front end, native mobile technologies, but a depth of experience scaling reliable backend services.
- Have experience with testing and monitoring culture in an agile environment.
- Have enjoyed being a force multiplier for the individuals on your teams and promoted leadership behaviors.
- Defined best practices to help your team deliver impact.
More on our tech stack:
Our products run on a stack that runs on native iOS and Android, backend services in Java. The web front-end runs on React, Redux, ES6 and Webpack. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing.