Wistia is looking for a front-end engineer to join our audio and video experience team.
Our embeddable video player is the most visible and used part of our video marketing platform, loaded into browsers 50 million times a day. It needs to be small, fast, accessible, easily embedded in all sorts of websites, and work across the vast majority of end user devices and browser combinations. Our Channels feature likewise is embedded in customer websites to provide a binge-worthy experience for their viewers and presents the same technical challenges.
We’re a diverse and inclusive team composed of engineers, product managers and designers. We’re technology-minded, but customer focused, always aiming to deliver the highest-impact features that prioritize the long-term success of the product.We’re looking for someone who:
- Has seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and the just plain quirky of the internet.
- Is excited by the challenge of having to make our product work fast and well in the wild, under all kinds of conditions (browser-specific constraints, connection speed constraints, constraints of the sites we embed in).
- Cares about increasing the accessibility of the web generally and video on the web in particular.
- Has experience working on cross-functional product teams.
- Enjoys working with others to solve not just technical, but people, design, and product challenges.
- Likes to help other engineers grow.
- Work closely with your product manager and designer to deeply understand the strategy and issues faced by our customers and their customers, the end users.
- Work with the team inclusively to make technical and product decisions that are consonant with Wistia’s company values: simplicity, presentation, long-term company thinking, and creativity.
- Take responsibility for scoping, technical design, and implementation of major features, as well as helping out with ongoing team activities such as bug fixes, responding to outages, addressing technical debt in the code base, working with our customer support folk to troubleshoot customer issues, and participating in cross-team discussions and initiatives.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park