Senior Front-End Engineer (AMER) at Unity Technologies
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join the Services Foundation team building Unity’s next generation developer, identity and account management as well as services platform which will support a wide range of Unity products within Unity Dashboard and the Editor.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for building new platform features used by product teams to build next-generation web experiences. Stability, quality, and robustness of our solutions are crucial, as teams across Unity rely upon our services to create their best products.
You are well versed in building performant web applications with focus on responsiveness, great user experience and consistency. You will have the opportunity to develop your existing skills by working with continuous integration and delivery methodology.
You have proven experience building tools and websites across teams and organizations. Engagement with other engineers throughout Unity’s many product teams will be critical.
You understand the importance of a healthy company-wide engineering culture which invites participation, promotes mentorship, and works alongside product managers and designers to ensure Unity is building the best products possible for customers.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain high performance, ambitious user interfaces and cutting edge frameworks and tools
- Work very closely with UX designers, product managers and with backend developers to design good APIs
- Partner with engineers across the company to ensure the platform allows teams to create new products and features efficiently
- Promote and empower internal open-source philosophy around shared web technology, and contribute to our internal component libraries
- Offer mentorship, code reviews, and clear documentation for fellow engineers
- Hands-on experience with modern CSS frameworks
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience in positions where you’ve already had to take initiative and make decisions on how things are done
- Previous experience in UI/UX design
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.