Senior Firmware Developer at Soofa
Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help urban dwellers take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time. Are you ready for the smart city revolution?
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Developer to join our rapidly growing team and create the next generation of the world-class Soofa Sign.
- Design and debug hardware systems for our next generation of Soofa Sign displays and Soofa Data sensor systems.
- Generate innovative solutions for product-level problems, like increasing power, heat, or connectivity performance.
- Debug existing hardware/software.
- Specific examples of embedded systems work
- Specific examples of problem-solving related to wholistic IoT systems
- Specific examples of scaling products
- Applied experience with radio/comms systems (especially WiFi!)
- Publicly accessible code repositories showing Strong C language skills
- Stellar professional references
- A high-energy personality who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment (#startuplife)
- Basic professional capabilities, like time management and interpersonal/communication skills
- A highly transparent worker; excited to meticulously keep all projects on company-wide Asana account
- Ability to empathize with and synthesize non-technical points of view, like those of salespeople or customers
- Ability to quickly distill expectations and requirements of a project and turn them into action items
Bonus Points For
- Experience with particle electron
- Experience with ad tech
- Expertise in data science
- Cloud software development
- Electrical engineering experience
- Testing frameworks
- Managing other engineers
- Being a smart city nerd