Senior Engineering Manager, Marketplace
As a Senior Engineering Manager of Marketplace, you’ll lead a team to create scalable, distributed systems that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power web and mobile applications.
Indigo Marketplace is changing how food is produced and sold—in the U.S. now, and soon around the world. Today, growers don’t have incentive to grow higher-quality crops. In fact, since grain is commoditized, growers’ main incentive is to simply grow as much volume as possible.
Our Marketplace flips the current model on its head by connecting growers directly with buyers and preserving crop identity. This means that growers get paid a premium for growing organic and similarly desirable crops.
Your expertise in building and leading high-performing engineering teams will help us deliver a world-class, scalable platform that secures Indigo as the leader in the agriculture technology space.
As a Senior Manager at Indigo, you’ll:
- Manage teams that use modern tools - building apps in React, TypeScript, Node.js and GraphQL
- Work closely with the PM team to define new projects and keep them moving from start to finish
- Work cross-functionally with other Indigo Engineering groups such as Data Science Engineering, DevOps and GeoInnovation
- Clarify priorities and goals for your team to ensure alignment with Indigo’s long-term objectives
- Level up the engineers on your team by fostering a culture where people want to do their best work
- Support career growth for team members in a fast-moving and rapidly scaling organization through active mentorship and coaching
- Be part of the foundational group that puts Indigo on the map as one of the elite Engineering organizations
- You have a strong technical background -- former senior or principal software engineer
- You’ve been around the block enough to know bad patterns when you see them to help avoid repeating them
- You care deeply about people and will bend over backwards for your team
- You are optimistic in the face of adversity
- Understand trade-offs - when to cut corners and when you can’t
- You are detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple initiatives concurrently
- You are a hiring machine - able to attract and inspire talented engineers
If you want to be part of the solution and help fix the food system while building cool software, apply today!
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.