Senior Engineering Manager, Marketplace Platform at Indigo
As a Senior Engineering Manager for our Marketplace Platform, you will work with product managers, architects, and engineering teams to model marketplace workflows, architect and plan order management systems, and resource teams to build core platform services utilized across all of Indigo’s products.
In this role, you will be expected to manage multiple platform engineering teams, as well as align closely with product managers and UX designers towards a common goal.We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and shipping live API code to customers
- Experience managing teams of 4 or more software engineers through 1-1s, feedback, coaching, and delegation
- Having built and staffed the wrong system enough times to avoid the common pitfalls, whether building something personally or advising others
- Willingness to debug problems across the stack, such as networking issues, performance problems, or memory leaks
- Have empathy for being a back end engineer and are not afraid to code when needed - “if your boss could do your job, you’re more likely to be happy at work”
- Have successfully run one or more back end engineering teams from architecture through release, maintenance, and support
- Are self-directed and enjoy building server-side applications, as well as figuring out the most important problem to work on
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are detail-oriented, and like to get the system working but know when to cut corners versus getting it exactly right
- Are interested in coaching, mentoring, and serving a team of engineers
- Enjoy collaborating across multiple disciplines, including product and design
- Know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
- Believe in the model of servant leadership and extreme ownership
Are you looking for a challenge and to make a difference?
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan