Senior Engineering Manager, Foundations at Indigo
Senior Engineering Manager, Foundations
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Foundations team, you will create sophisticated systems and infrastructure for the automated orchestration for our marketplaces. The platform coordinates moving truckloads of crops from seller to buyer and payments from buyer to seller. Your expertise in software development will help us create a world-class customer experience for our customers.
Indigo helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Indigo you’ll:
- Build & lead teams and projects to success in order to make an impact
- Collaborate with product managers to ensure the customer’s needs are being met
- Collaborate with engineers and other technical resources at Indigo to ensure the quality & reliability of the platform
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’ve been building applications professionally for 4+ years.
- You’ve been building & leading teams for 2+ years.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have deep experience in one or more imperative programming languages. We work in Python 3 & Ruby but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Are you looking for a challenge and to make a difference?
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.