Senior Engineering Manager, Direct to Consumer at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:20 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, February 12, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
What you will do:
- Help shape the future of direct to consumer platform at Thrasio
- Hire, retain and grow a team of software engineers. You will ensure that they operate effectively as a team, manage their careers, and foster a collaborative environment with product managers, designers and other colleagues.
- Take ownership over the productivity of the team and the quality of the work that the team produces
- Work with a product manager and stakeholders to find the right areas for your team to prioritize design and engineering efforts
- Participate and lead technical design discussions and work hands-on alongside your team when necessary.
- Play a key role in the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes.
- 8+ years of work experience including several years of leadership and people management
- Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical, written and verbal
- Deep technical skills including architecture/design, data modeling and developing services in a service oriented architecture
- A sense of ownership over the areas you are responsible for
- Experience designing/building complex e-commerce systems
Nice to haves:
- A computer science degree
- Expertise in modern front-end application architecture
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.