Senior Engineer, DevOps at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
- Diagram current AWS network
- Help identify critical platform and application security gaps and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with DevOps team to understand current CI/CD platform, tooling, and environments involved in release
- Create monitoring for AWS user account activities such as S3 actions, RDS changes, and other critical actions
- Understand and embody Indigo’s mission & core values
- Proven self-starter
- Flexible to needs of both developers and users
- Anticipate devops problems before they become a problem
- Build developer tools that enable developer efficiencies and that developers love to use
- Ability to listen and influence change across organization to ensure consistency in process
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge of best practices in code development and deployment methodologies
- Ability to ensure consistency across the release process while also understanding the need for exceptions to the rule (ie. emergency releases)
- Ability to work with engineers to understand non-traditional deployment methodologies (e.g. native mobile applications)
- An advocate for everything automated, hands off deployments, and repeatable and reliable solutions.
- Proficient in high-level scripting languages such as python, JS, bash, etc
- Experience with linux administration
- Familiarity with best-in-class build and release tools
- Understands standard build automation solutions used today
- Firm understanding of metrics-based software development, and automation’s role in facilitating those metrics.
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Experience implementing advanced monitoring for platforms and applications
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers required
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers
- Familiar with databases and implementation best practices
- Familiar with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Clear, effective communicator; capable of influencing best practices across an organization
- 4-7 years experience
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.