Senior Drupal Developer
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for a Senior Drupal Developer who has a passion for delivering killer web experiences. You will get to guide and drive technical application design for Acquia’s flagship property, Acquia.com.
You’ll partner with many teams at Acquia to help build killer web experiences, migrate to Drupal 8 or 9, tune and improve our Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. The job can include anything from custom coding and mentoring of the development team to application design and ongoing guidance on architecture through development and application launch.
- Prior deep experience building, leading and architecting Drupal applications
- Guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scoping a technical solution for large scale Drupal projects
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
Key Skills and Attributes:
- 4+ years developing Drupal applications
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills using PHP and MYSQL.
- PHP, PHP Frameworks like Symfony
- MySQL 5.x, Git, XML/XSLT
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Database design, development, and performance tuning using MYSQL database
- Agile development methodology
- Unix/Linux or Windows server administration
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build meaningful experiences
- Experience consulting strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities, taking initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges; has a positive influence on peers.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration.
- Work in collaborative and supportive manner
- Listen carefully to provided information and ask clarifying questions. Actively listen as a learner rather than a passive recipient of information.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.