Senior Director, Quality Engineering at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Senior Director, Quality Engineering with experience and passion for building and leading high performing complex engineering organizations. Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, you will apply your expertise in leading world-class engineering teams that are entering the maturity phase and advocate for technology, infrastructure, quality, security, performance, and operational ownership to continuously improve both process and people.
As the Senior Director, Quality Engineering, you will…
- Drive a process of continual improvement for tests and test infrastructure
- Continue to enable shorter, reliable validations for all development teams
- Enable teams to develop innovations in test strategy, tooling and infrastructure
- Negotiate priorities and resource allocations with all internal stakeholders
- Mentor staff, employee administration
- Budget for resource allocation, tooling, and 3rd-party services
- Set objectives (with dates and key results), and perform quarterly and annual reviews of direct reports against those objectives
- Executive level escalation point for your teams
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building world class products
- A driven, challenging, decisive thinker and manager
- A strategic thinker, but can dive in deep to uncover and resolve executional challenges
- An agent of change and excel at creating a collaborative culture
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and concepts, PaaS, SaaS, and AWS
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects in parallel and to deliver on plan
- Experience recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent
- The ability to use creativity and a positive approach to build strong relationships within and across teams
- 10+ years Engineering management experience
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.