Senior Director Quality Engineering
Senior Director of Quality and Site Reliability Engineering
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Director of Quality Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering with experience and passion for building and leading high performing complex engineering organizations. You must have a deep and proven track record of leading technology teams entering the maturity phase and potentially through future financial events. You will advocate for technology, infrastructure, quality, security, performance, and operational ownership and continuously improve both process and people. You will be responsible for managing and recruiting world class engineering teams. You must be a driven, challenging, decisive thinker and manager. You will report to the SVP of Engineering.
- Manage onshore, offshore, contract, and partner personnel
- Mentor staff, employee administration
- Budget for resource allocation, tooling, and 3rd-party services
- Set objectives (with dates and key results), and perform quarterly and annual reviews of direct reports against those objectives
- Develop, maintain, and manage to 6-12-24 month roadmaps across all teams
- Executive level escalation point for your teams
- Drive a process of continual improvement for tests and test infrastructure
- Continue to enable shorter, reliable validations for all development teams
- Enable teams to develop innovations in test strategy, tooling and infrastructure
- Negotiate priorities and resource allocations with all internal stakeholders
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and concepts, PaaS, SaaS, and AWS
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects in parallel and to deliver on plan
- Experience recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comp Sci or engineering degree with 10+ years Engineering management experience (or 12+ years engineering management experience)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
d by applicable law.