Senior Director, Engineering at Kyruus
- You’ll enable and empower the teams you work with to deliver value to our customers through excellent, high quality software. You’ll drive visibility into your product areas for the rest of Product Development and the company.
- You’ll work with Product to set the technical strategy for your product area. You’ll connect this to Kyruus’ business priorities. You’ll figure out risks, trade offs, and timelines.
- You’ll know the customer commits, product roadmap, and SLAs for your area backwards and forwards. You’ll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- You’ll provide architectural guidance, Agile coaching, and technical best practices to the team. You’ll ensure your engineers are keeping our product development principles (affectionately known as MAGIC5) front and center as we build amazing products.
- You’ll partner with Product and peers to set expectations and build confidence and predictability on the team.
- You’ll recruit, hire, coach, and develop amazing software engineers.
- Your typical day will include one-on-ones with direct reports, coaching Agile teams through sprint cycle stages, recruiting activities, and communicating up, down, and across to your fellow Kyruuvians.
- You’ll coordinate and communicate across teams and with business counterparts to provide visibility into the work of Product Development and of your team(s).
- You’ll report to the Vice President, Engineering in the Data Management & KyruusOne Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 10+ years experience in software engineering, of which 5+ years included managing teams working on different functional areas to:
- Technical depth and breadth in data services to guide the team in the areas of building and operating cloud services, database design, and data ingestion/ETL, among others.
- Help your team solve complex technical problems, and drive towards incremental value delivery.
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade offs, manage risks, and timelines for your product area.
- Measure and improve Engineering performance.
- Leverage your team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do.
- Connect business goals to the goals of each of your direct reports.
- Delegate effectively to get work done.
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with your peers on common goals as well as keep your management team and reports current on business critical initiatives and plans.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You operate in at a “leading” vs. “doing” level. Your team(s) perform at a high level.
- You are able to take unclear and incomplete requirements to create a plan of action to deliver on projects critical for Engineering and Kyruus.
- Kyruuvians know how your team contributes to the product roadmap and company goals as measured by our Balanced Scorecard.
- Your team consistently delivers value in a predictable and timely manner demonstrating a high level of accountability and visibility.
- You demonstrate leadership in setting technical strategy and direction for your area and guide engineers in developing and deploying robust, secure, performant, efficient, scalable, highly available, cost-effective, and market leading capabilities.
- You are able to sustain a high moral and level of engagement of engineers on your team through effective talent management.