Senior DevOps Engineer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The DevOps team at Toast is responsible for the smooth functioning of our staging and production environments, including all of our applications, infrastructural components such as databases, cache servers, queueing services, and network security. We serve both Toast's customers and Toast's software engineering requirements.
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- Role-based-access-based self-service deployment for developers into multiple environments
- Scaling into sharded, large relational databases
- A system that allows restaurants to take payments even while our primary credit card processor is offline
- Automating complex transformations with AWS Lambda and Step Functions
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Build new automation to expand and maintain our AWS hosting infrastructure
- Create developer tools in support of a rapidly growing company
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure (150+ servers)
- Experience supporting production workloads
- Worked with Python and Java programming for 5+ years
- Substantial experience with configuration management (especially Ansible and Terraform)
- A solid understanding of Linux internals on several distributions (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Substantial experience with version control software
- At least 3 years of experience with modern CI/CD tools (preference towards Jenkins)
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker highly preferred)
- Exceptional experience with automated configuration and deployment
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment workflows and cloud IaaS providers (preferably AWS)
- An get-things-done attitude and track record of success
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience with Hadoop, Apache Kafka / AWS MSK, Apache Spark, Apache Pulsar, Postgres (as a DBA) and administering and scaling RabbitMQ.