Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote or Onsite)
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior DevOps Engineer II role.
You’ll contribute to Kyruus’ mission and vision by executing on the roadmap and driving work that will help our customers be more successful, our engineers be more productive, code deployments to be safer, and ultimately drive the strategic success of Kyruus. You’ll work with application development engineers to ensure that the end product is a high-performing, highly available, and secure platform that earns our customers’ trust everyday.
- Your typical day will include writing and reviewing infrastructure and tools code and configuration. Your days will be occupied by myriad AWS services, APIs, Saltstack, Terraform, Linux, CloudFormation, Jenkins and Python. You’ll work in an Agile/Scrum environment with your core team as well as partner teams.
- You’ll support our AWS cloud infrastructure to develop, test, and deploy Kyruus products. You’ll own defining and supporting the tools and pipelines to power the SDLC and make peers productive as they leverage them.
- You’ll evangelize the core tenets of cloud service reliability and provide application teams with the tools, methods and metrics to excel at them. You’ll help ensure our production architectures in the cloud are highly available and fault tolerant.
- You’ll take on technical tasks that are highly ambiguous with lots of unknowns. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify that something is wrong and identify what that something is.
- You’ll help educate internal teams on DevOps best practices in all aspects of our SDLC.
- You’ll report to the Director, Engineering Operations in the Engineering Operations department within the R&D - Engineering division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 5+ years programming experience (with at least 3+ years in DevOps or SRE-type roles) to:
- Help the agile team solve complex technical design problems
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality code and designs
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to add to our stack.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our internal users and customers at the beginning of each project
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your agile team
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You commit quality code (lots!) reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write quality documentation.
- You follow agile practices in your daily and weekly work.
- You learn about new tools and technologies and teach them to others.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Senior DevOps Engineer II role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal DevOps Engineer I, or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description