Senior Computer Vision Engineer - C++, Python at RightHand Robotics
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
Our Research and Development (R&D) team -- which is an interdisciplinary group responsible for all motion planning, computer vision, and AI product features -- is seeking a senior computer vision engineer to join the team. In this role you will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining our proprietary suite of pixel-level and geometric vision algorithms (e.g., calibration, 3D reconstruction) in our multi-camera system. These algorithms are the foundation that enables our fleet of robots to precisely interact with its workspace. This provides an opportunity to have a major impact on our product by contributing software that regularly ships to all of our customers.
- Develop new image processing and computer vision algorithms to improve the RightPick piece-picking system
- Identify and evaluate the feasibility of new imaging sensors in our system
- Work directly with our robots at RHR’s headquarters to prototype and validate algorithms
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to deploy your solutions to address customer needs
- A Ph.D. in computer vision or closely-related discipline with a minimum 2 years professional experience (or a Master’s degree with minimum 5 years professional experience)
- 5+ years software engineering experience in both C++ and Python
- A thorough understanding of projective geometry and experience implementing algorithms for estimating geometric quantities
- Experience using OpenCV
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you have:
- Experience using Point Cloud Library (PCL) and Eigen
The role is perfect for you if:
- You are excited to dive into projective geometry problems and implement efficient solutions
- You have strong opinions about Horn & Schunk vs. Lucas-Kanade optical flow algorithms
- You are skeptical of deep learning, secretly believing it is newfangled hogwash
- There is copy of Hartley and Zisserman on your nightstand
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.