The Senior Cloud Migration Architect leads the planning, design and execution of workload migration to the Cloud.
The Senior Migration Cloud Architect is responsible for designing and implementing Cloud migration execution best practices, in collaboration with the service offering and DevSecOps teams
Accountable for defining "to be" cloud architecture standards/policies and related user documentation (incl. updating application disposition and migration rules)
Support/guide enterprise level roadmap/architecture decisions (through architecture/governance review forums)
Provide guidelines, best practices and direction to solution/app architects on business side, on cloud-related app architecture and infrastructure solutions
Advocate and drive adoption of cloud platform and services across the organization, in collaboration with demand management leaders
Maintain, communicate, and drive adoption of cloud operations standards and tooling across Cloud DevOps and Infra delivery teams (to propagate cloud-related best practices across the Infra organization)
Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Location options: Louisville, Kentucky or WAH to be considered
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science( or a related technical field)
- 5+ years experience in high-performing IT organizations. The candidate should demonstrate affinity to take on roles of increasing responsibility and influence.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications with architectural responsibility for ensuring scalability, availability, reliability, etc.
- 1+ years of hands on experience working with Public Cloud deployments
- 2+ years working on key corporate initiatives with broad impact to company results
- Extensive programming experience with multiple languages
- Knowledge of network technologies
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experience
- Any Cloud Architect (Azure preferred)
- Hands on experience working with Container Based deployments, PowerShell & Bash Script, Analytics, Data Aggregation, Virtual Network Configuration, Akamai (CDN) integration with Public Cloud, Azure Store & Secret management using Key Vault Integration with/without on premise/privately managed keys.
- Experience working with other Cloud environments such as Azure (preferred), GCP, or AWS
- Delivered key application architectures into production which were strategic in nature to the company at the time.
- Significant experience designing, implementing, and supporting large-scale data solutions leveraging cloud infrastructure and services.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply it to strategic business initiatives.
- Understanding of cost-conscious design principles for cloud.
- Ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and implement alongside the other engineers being coached and developed.