At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer who will serve as a day to day team lead and technical thought leader on our growing Cloud Infrastructure team. We are looking for a talented, seasoned engineer who can hit the ground running, to help design, develop, and eventually maintain the systems that allow us to scale as we grow. You will ensure that our cloud infrastructure is high performance, resilient, secure and observable. You will collaborate with other engineers & with the InfoSec team to build automation and to make operating a large-scale distributed system simple & secure. You will mentor & educate others in the concepts & best practices for cloud engineering.
- The main pieces of our back-end stack are Ruby on Rails, AWS RDS and S3 for persistence, Redis/Sidekiq and Heroku for running the workload. We use JS/TS on React and GraphQL with Apollo on the front-end, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. Notarize platform offers a powerful REST API for integrations, which is a centerpiece of our scaling strategy.
- We have a rich CI/CD pipeline to automate end to end testing, verification and deployment of our applications. We use Jenkins, AWS ECS, EKS (Kubernetes) and GitHub actions to power the CI/CD and development tooling. We use Terraform to describe and manage our AWS infrastructure in production. We employ modern monitoring and alerting tools to observe the application, and make sure the problem can be escalated to the on-call team, or corrected automatically.
- A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack. Most importantly, we want thoughtful, collaborative engineers who are comfortable adapting to new technology and new opportunities. We are solving complex challenges to scale our transactional volume to 10x, 100x, or even more to meet the rapid growth of the company.
What you’ll do as a Cloud Engineer at Notarize:
- Manage our cloud infrastructure day to day to ensure current system’s availability and scaling
- Partner with engineers to envision, implement and deploy the next generation of our platform’s components, ensuring its high availability and scalability
- Champion & implement cloud security best practices as well as mitigate security issues
- Help set standards for services and software to streamline test and release cycles and improve system maintenance
- Develop automated solutions to monitor and alert performance & stability in our cloud systems
- Mentor the engineering team regarding best DevOps practices or solving complex problems
- Identify and troubleshoot technical or systems issues
- Support our SDLC through automation, tooling, and monitoring
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred) or equivalent experience
- Experience with containers (Docker) and Terraform
- Working knowledge of automation pipelines and other CI/CD, DevOps tools
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment
- Experience designing and deploying scalable, highly-available and secure systems
- Solid understanding of PKI, cloud-based application and infrastructure security best practices
Bonus points for:
- Experience with implementing NIST, CCPA or similar compliance requirements and frameworks in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with APMs such as New Relic, Datadog, Sumo Logic, etc
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with various public cloud platforms: Heroku, GCP, etc
- Experience managing and fine tuning persistence services, such as RDBMS (Postgres preferred), Redis, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, etc
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.